Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Journey Begins....

My journey into yoga actually began 5 years ago when a friend suggested taking a class when I was going through a very difficult time in my personal life. Being a fitness fanatic I thought it could be just another thing to add to the numerous forms of torture I was already doing to myself like running and hundreds of crunches. But I quickly figured out that yoga was not just something for your body, but rather a wonderful gift I could give to my "whole" self: my body, my mind, and my spirit. Thus, my journey began.

3 comments:

  1. I remember that.....it is a gift to give yourself the inner peace that comes along with letting go and just being in the moment. While I don't do yoga, mindfulness is similar in terms of getting focused on what's important. Congrats Linda....love ya...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome the crazy world of blogging. It's a great way to tell a story because you're mindful of relating events in way that support the context of the story. My compliments to your writing style. It's informative and has a nice rhythm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kevin. Reading your blog has inspired me. I don't think I'm gonna post any pictures though. Sounds too complicated and I'm not sure what I would take pics of just yet.

    ReplyDelete