Wednesday, May 12, 2010

YogaFit Training

My first training with Yoga Fit was in March of this year.   My friend Kristen and I started it together.   She as a way to supplement her income as a pilates instructor, and me without a clue as to how it was going to fit into my life.
Our first training was at a gym in Newport Beach.   Now I am not what you would call a "gym person".  I prefer to push myself doing things outside like hiking, riding my bike, or snowboarding.  In fact, yoga is probably the only "inside" form of exercise that I do and that's because it started out as something for my mind and spirit rather than for my body.    I guess my toned arms can just be considered an added bonus.
Anyway, back to that gym in Newport Beach.....it was a very swanky place.  Probably the kind of gym that all of the "real O.C. houswives" belong to.  Needless to say I was somewhat uncomfortable in that environment sitting there without one speck of make-up on and my unpolished fingernails!   Fortunately that feeling quickly faded as the other Yogis began to arrive.  There is something about people that study yoga that really resonates with me.  I think it's their genuine authenticity.   
The focus of this training was a very broad introduction into the YogaFit style of teaching and breaking down 40 basic poses over the course of 2 days.   We participated in 2 classes each day as well.  One each morning that really pushed us physically.  And then one each afternoon that focused more on relaxation.  Boy did I need that by the end of each day.
I left that first training feeling energized and excited about taking my teaching into a new direction, but also with the nagging realization that maybe my day job was less fulfilling than I had ever really realized..........

No comments:

Post a Comment