Thursday, June 17, 2010

What's Next?



No that is not a picture of me after 2 glasses of wine, although I have probably been known to resemble that posture on more than one occasion. It is actually a preview of what is in store for me next with my Yoga Fit journey. After my last day of fourth grade I will be making the all too familiar trek up to Northern California. But this time it won't be to see family. I have a 3 day yoga marathon planned that includes a day of Yoga Fit for Kids and then two days of Anatomy and Alignment. Sounds like the opposite ends of the spectrum of my knowledge of yoga so far. I've been doing it with my Kindergartners for several years so the kids class should be a no brainer. It's the anatomy one that has me mildly concerned. Especially since I haven't finished reading the textbook yet. I'll just try to fit that in between the other 3 books I am currently not finishing. So this picture is from that unread textbook that includes sentences such as:
"Contracting the anterior fibers of the gluteus medius internally rotates the hips and releases stress at the sacroiliac joint created by contracting the gluteus maximus." That's the description they gave for the picture above. Hmmm, I think I might need to study a bit more.

Because I have one of those brains that constantly requires mental stimulation I have to admit that I am excited about the anatomy class. After enduring levels 1, 2, and 3 completely in the dark about muscles and bones and how and why they move the way they do I am eager to see if this class will help put all of the pieces together for me. Of course my trip up north is exciting in more ways than just my love of yoga but I will stick to that passion in this blog for now.

Then in July I will be heading to Palm Springs for the big Yoga Fit Conference. It's a 4-day training that includes only level 4, so I'm thinking it's going to be pretty intense. But more about that in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment